Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wow!

What an amazing few days. Work has been going better, Chey has been better and things at home have been getting better.

Over the weekend Chey and I went up to Wisconsin. It is so nice and so relaxing and I'm so glad that we'll have somewhere to go and enjoy the weather from here on out. On Sunday, John called me to ask me if we had about $100 to spare. I asked him why and he said that the people at the sidejob he was working on had a bunch of patio pavers left over from their project and said that if John hauled them away, he could have them. They also gave him an unopened can of deck "paint". He said that all he needed was money for the gravel base and some sand. I almost wet my pants with excitement and since I got my first paycheck on Friday, told him that the money was there and to go ahead and get it started. By the time Chey and I got back into town, he had the patio almost completely finished. He had yesterday off so he completed the patio (for the most part; little odds and ends need to be tied up) and he painted our deck. The deck isn't exactly the color I had hoped; but the paint was free so it's perfect. All that needs to be done is some edging and some planting. But, the planting will have to wait. I'd like to explain why, but it's way to complex to even get into. We have so much brick leftover that we're not exactly sure what to do with it. I'm thinking we may make a flowerbed or something but I'm not in any hurry for that and wouldn't want to "waste" the bricks. We'll figure it out.

I have today and tomorrow off and my 'rents are coming over today to "break in" the new patio. We're going to grill out. I invited a few friends from Chey's school over and the gal from work so it should be fun. Then, we'll head out to see some fireworks a few towns over. Chey is so excited about that.

His mom took Chey yesterday evening so I was able to throw together a few "no-bake" pies and get my house cleaned up. It amazes me how much I am able to get done when Chey is gone.

Well, that's it for now. Enjoy your 4th!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home