Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Monday, May 15, 2006

Stuck

I am feeling out of sorts yet again. I feel like so many things have been thrown at me all at once and I have no idea how to process it all. There are so many days when I wish I were someone else. I know that everyone feels this way at times, but for me it's all the time. I don't like who I've become over the last few years. I used to be so confident and now I find myself questioning myself about even the smallest of issues. I feel like I have to be so many things to so many people and feel lost in the shuffle of day to day life. I have to be a mother to my daughter, a wife, a friend, a house keeper, a banker, a sister and daughter. I'm all of these things rolled up into one. But who am "I"??? I know I've posted before about the subject of being "just a mom". Most days I am content with that, but others I hate that I am just a mom. I don't like that when my husband comes home I don't have anything to offer him conversation wise. All I talk about is boring stuff that goes on around the house. I've had way too many chats start with "guess what your daughter did today?" or " You are not going to believe how much laundry I did" I would love to be able to tell stories about co-workers or get excited about meeting a quota or bitch about how much my boss sucks. But, I can't do that given my lack of education or experience in the working world. I haven't worked in an office outside the home in almost 4 years. I'm sure certain things have changed in the workplace and it scares me that I'm not up to date technology wise. It's not even like I don't have drive or passion or interests. There are several options I have been looking into but again, I question myself and my abilities. I hate that I start things and then never finish. I hate that the reason I don't finish is because I am afraid to fail. I would much rather throw in the towel by my choice than take the chance to fail even if I really tried. Lately, I have begun to regain interest in Real Estate. I started the classes last October and never finished them. I am exploring the possiblity of re-taking them to see if I am capable of finishing something. I love real estate. I always have. I am a voyer. I enjoy being nosey and seeing how others live. The whole process of buying and selling real estate gets my heart pumping. I don't know why I didn't finish. Actually, I do know why but I'm not about to get into all that. I pulled out my old text book this evening and began skimming the pages. I look at the stuff and think to myself "Hmmm....maybe I could do this" I don't know if I will do it or not but the idea of being my own boss really appeals to me. And, with a husband in the industry it couldn't hurt to finish. My ultimate goal would be to "flip" houses. With my real estate license and John's knowledge of construction I feel that would be a lucrative business to get into. I know it's a long shot but hey, you gotta "think big" right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home