Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Flower Fairies

Shortly after the birth of my daughter a friend of John's approached him asking specific details about her and her birth. John was a little confused but proudly offered up the details the man had asked. A week later, John's friend stopped by and presented us with a beautiful framed piece of artwork. The picture was of a beautiful fairy and underneath the photo was Cheyenne's full name and birthdate. I had never given the photo much thought but proudly displayed it in the munchkin's room. And now, 4 years later, we have details and boy are they ever neat.

John's sister was in town this weekend and since she will not be here for Cheyenne's birthday she gave her her present on Saturday. She presented Chey with a beautifully wrapped gift and inside were 2 books about "Flower Fairies" As we skimmed the pages I stumbled upon a Fairy that looked oddly familiar. I showed it to John and he confirmed what I was thinking " That's the one that's up on her wall" When we got home, I typed in the website that was on the back of the book and found a link called " find a fairy" It asked for your birthdate and the letter of your first name. When I typed it in, I got the results as being the exact fairy that is in the picture. I couldn't believe my eyes. This man had researched and found my daughter's Fairy.

Cheyenne's Fairy is named Columbine and she is the Columbine Flower's fairy. Columbine flowers blossom in June and attract humming birds. She is also the "dancing" fairy and is an excellent ballerina. Her clothing is made from Columbine petals so that she can blend in without being noticed by humans.

These "fairies" were designed up by Cicely Mary Barker and they date back to the 1920's. There are numerous books and such designed by her and every flower has a fairy.

Here is the link to Cheyenne's fairy: http://www.flowerfairies.com/fun/fairy_song.cfm?cid=2&fid=16
If you look on the side there is the link "Fairy Finder" where you can find out which fairy is "your's" I should warn you that not all of the letters contain fairies. And, if that is the case you can use your birthday flower ( example: June is the Rose) and find your fairy that way.

I have decided that as soon as I get a job and have some extra money I am going to plant a garden containing Columbine flowers in it with Cheyenne. I am then placing one of these
http://www.onlinediscountmart.com/75-22-0515.html in it. What a cool story behind that photo. Something to tell her when she's grown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home