Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I knew it

I knew that God works in mysterious ways...but this is just insane. I just posted about how devestated I was not getting that job. Well today while at a playdate I mentioned this to the mom. She said " you're looking for work?" I told her I was but that childcare was an issue. She says "Oh my God, I have something for you. Let me make a quick call" She gets on the phone, jots down some numbers and said "O.K. I'll call you right back" Apparently, a close friend of hers was looking for a sitter for her 20month old daughter Valentina. Daniella ( the mom who's house the playdate was at) says, "Here's the deal. Michelle needs someone on M,W, F from 9:30-6 to watch her baby. She's paying 12 bucks an our-cash" That equates to roughly $346 a week. I was thrilled. I just got off the phone with her about an hour ago and I'm meeting with her on Thursday to interview. She basically told me that I have the job. I'm so excited. This is much more than I could've ever hoped for. The only drawback is that she needs me to commit for a full year. This poses a problem since we've registered chey for pre-k which meets M,W and F. The way I look at it; I'll just pull her out. School will end in June for her anyhow and she'll already be acclimated to not going. I will then enroll her in some sort of school on T, TH to keep her adjusted to the idea of going to school. Does this sound like a good idea? Or is it horrible of me to pull her out??? The tuition would be 110/mo. so I'd also be saving money there. ( unless, I did put her somewhere else...then I'd be shelling out money again...but, still...) I'm rambling. I'm just excited and am thrilled that this just may work. Please leave me some input as to what you think about the situation.....Kat

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Dana, proud mommy of 3 said…

    YAY on the job! That's awesome!!! I hope it works out. I don't see a problem with pull Chey out. I mean she's probably way ahead and so you could probably just wait till kindergarden....I think if you can save money and she doesn't care then do it! I'd do it...HTH! CONGRATS again!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home