Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Dear John

I've heard somewhere that if you are really angry with someone you should write that person a letter and get it all out. Of course the other person will ( hopefully) never see it and all will be better. So it goes something like this:

Dear John,
I'm hungry right now. You called me up to ask me to dinner and here I sit 5 hours later waiting for you to arrive. If when you finally do make it home you find me passed out at the keyboard don't wonder why. It could be that I've starved to death. The kiddo hasn't eaten anything yet either. I'm not a fool. I know damn well that as soon as she finishes up a tasty dinner daddy dearest will walk through the door and her appetite will be gone. I would love to punch you square in the face when you arrive. This way you will know the feeling I have in my stomach right now. All I ask of you is this: If you knew you were going to be late why the hell didn't you call to inform me of this. Instead I had to call and hunt you down because my survival instincts were kicking in and I knew that if I didn't eat soon I would die. Of course my sweet I am exaggerating. I of course will not perish from malnutrition but it's irritating nonetheless. If you know what is good for you, you will come home within the next few minutes. Because even though I'm weak with hunger I will still be able to muster up enough strength to kick your sorry ass.

There I feel much better. Well, aside from the fact that I'd love to eat something right now. He's got 10 minutes. If he's not here I'm raiding the damn fridge and he can go out to eat himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home