Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Thursday, February 16, 2006

When it rains...

It pours!!! Here in Illinois anyways. In the middle of February no less. We had a pretty good thunderstorm here today and it wasn't fun driving in it. Had I been able to snuggle up under the covers all day I'd of loved it but since I had to go out I was cursing the sky above. The drive started out O.K. but midway it began downpouring and little iceballs were flying off my windshield. I thought I was going to have to pull over due to poor visibility but it let up within minutes. I also had some dreaded errands to run and they too were a bitch due to the fact that I was sopping wet. You see, I used to think I was too cool to carry an umbrella. Therefore, I do not own an umbrella. Cheyenne has a child's sized one and we huddled under that but it wasn't cutting it. I was still able to ring out my undies when I got home. But, now we're home and we just ate some nice warm soup. As soon as snugglebuns finishes up we're going to huddle up under the blankies for some quality T.V viewing.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Fun weather, isn't it?? Tomorrow should be nice and cold. Temps in the teens and windchills 20 below!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home