Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Monday, February 13, 2006

Is it Spring yet?

I am about done with winter. The novelty of snow and that chill in the air has worn off and I'm ready for some heat and humidity. I guess you could say I have a bad case of cabin fever. I am so looking forward to nights out on the deck and days at the park or the pool. I'm ready for capris pants and tank tops. I'm ready for B-B-Q's and open windows and doors. I'm so done with pounding my head against the wall trying to come up with things to keep us amused. I'm tired of coloring and dancing around the living room. If I have to play one more game of "Memory" I think I'll die. I'm so done with "do-do-dora...do-do-da-dora" and Laurie Berkner. I could strangle that damn groundhog for predicting 6 more weeks of winter. While at Target today I looked at the tanks and the shorts and the little Easter stuff and for a moment I felt as if the warmer weather is on it's way. That was cut short when I listened to the weather only to find out there is more of that damn white stuff on it's way. I can not wait to have daylight at 6 pm instead of seeing clouds day in and day out. It's a good thing I drink plenty of milk cause I sure am not getting my vitamin D from Mr. Sunshine. Ugh, I am so ready for spring.....

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Just so you know, the groundhog in PA was the one to see his shadow and predict more winter. BUT - Woodstock Willy (that's Mr. groundhog in Woodstock, IL) did NOT see his shadow, predicting that spring is coming. :) Hopefully that means something because I've got cabin fever bad, too!!! I'm tired of winter and want to be able to open the windows and take the kids outside to play.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home