Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Saturday, January 28, 2006

What's that smell??

So,
Last night I crawled into bed, snuggled up under the covers and noticed a funny smell. I smelled the pillows-fine. Smelled the bedspread-fine. Hmmm...I thought...what's that smell? I went to the bathroom and there was a strange odor in there as well. Went to check my email and again my nose is perplexed by a strange scent. It's following me I thought. I went back to bed and flicked on the tube. I raised my arms behind my head to prop it up in order to see the TV and that's when it hit me. It' s me. I'm the one causing this rancid odor. Now, that in and of itself is a little amusing. I mean, I'm the sort of person who exaggerates when I say "I need a shower, I stink" When you shower multiple times per week there is little chance that you will actually stink. Unless of course you do some amazingly sweaty workout which I have not done in a long while. But, I started thinking about when my last shower was. Hmmm...I thought....I just took a bath on Thursday. Yes, that's right, Thursday. Well, that was only last night...why on earth do I stink so bad? Here's why. I never washed on Thursday. I gave myself a good soak but there was no soap involved. That night, I wanted to relax....so, I put on a candle and some music and relaxed away. Somewhere in all that relaxing, I forgot the soap and shampoo. It was late by the time I figured this all out so as I sit here and type I am still giving off a lovely "i haven't washed in a while" sort of smell. I'll end by saying I'm on my way to the water and I won't forget the soap this time ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home