Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tantrums

I hate tantrums. I really do. I try my best to remain calm and I normally do but today really took the cake. I took the kiddo to Border's thinking I'd get her a Thanksgiving book. The whole way there she was so excited to get a book. When we get there she is overwhelmed. WAY too many books for her to choose from. I show her the Thanksgiving section but her eyes catch the "board game" display. She informs me that she would rather have a game than a book. I explain to her that we are there for books not games and that I don't have enough money to get a game. She starts pouting and I let her know that if she continued to pout we'd leave with nothing. She starts SCREAMING on the top of her three-year old lungs that she wants a game. I take her hand and beging leading her out of the store. She flung herself onto the floor and I began to walk away. She screams again; this time that she wants to go back to get a book. When I tell her that she won't be getting anything due to the way she's acting she takes her arm and knocks over a table of books. I pick her up and she flings herself out of my arms onto the floor. I again begin to walk away. As I begin to walk away I look at her and she's about ready to knock down another table. "NO" I yell. Too late....she knocked over another display. This time I scooped her up and wouldn't let go. She kicked me, yelled at me and told me I wasn't her "best friend" anymore. The stares were too much for me. I buckeled her into her carseat and began sobbing at the wheel. The tantrum continued in the car. Telling me to go back and get her a book. I held firm, told her "No" and went home. I can't believe I kept my cool. I honestly can't. I could feel the anger brewing inside of me; it was desperate to come out. I wouldn't let it. I made it home and all is calm. I'm praying that something of that magnitude will NEVER happen again. But, you know what they say "never, say never"

Goodnight

Please continue to pray for
Rebekah
and
Lil' Angel Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home