Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Are you happy now???

Geesh, I take a "few" days off and I get attitude about not writing. Truth is, I don't have much to say. I've got swarms of stuff going on in my head but when I sit down to write about it, it doesn't seem to want to come out.

Lately, I haven't been writing about anything positive. It's all been one negative post after another. I'm starting to think that I'm an all around negative person. It must be exhausting to have to listen to me. A perfect example of what I am talking about is an incident that happened this morning. John woke up early to go to work. Cheyenne heard him and got up as well. Cheyenne and I had a few things planned for today; nothing set in stone but plans nonetheless. Since Chey/Daddy time is limited I decided to "let it go" when she asked if she could go to work with Daddy today. But, I didn't just let it go. I was fuming on the inside. He KNEW we had plans for today, he knew I needed/wanted my car and he asked her anyways. I don't have the heart to let my baby girl down so I pushed my needs/wants aside and said "of course you can go with Daddy" when she asked me. I wanted to say "Umm...excuse me Missy, you and I had plans today so NO you can't go" So, when he left I went into a sort of rage. Cussing out loud, cussing silently. I was pissed. Why did he take her? All she is going to do is sit around and get scolded for "touching" things or asking too many questions. But, I started thinking....why am I so angry? Her Daddy wanted to spend time with her, she's out of the house and I have a bunch of free time and it made her happy to go. SO, why on Earth am I mad? Probably because I'm the "my glass is 1/2 empty" kind of girl. I neglect to see the positive in anything. I could quite possibly hit it big winning the lottery and find something to bitch about ( most likely the amount of taxes they would take) So, is there anything good that's happened in your lives lately? Would you like to know the shitty side of your "good thing?" If so....just ask me. I'm sure " Debbie Downer" could come up with something.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Really, Kat. I know I'm hounding you to spend the day with me - but it really probably would do you good to get out and get your mind off things. Why sit in the house all day and sulk? I'll end up sitting in my house all day feeling sorry for myself too. Why don't we stop this stupid shit and just spend more time together?? We can be miserable and bitch together if need be, but for some reason I'm sure we'd end up having a good time afterall. You can tell me to go jump off my roof (and hey - I MIGHT just listen to you and actually do it), but I'm here and would love to spend a quality day with my best girl friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home