Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Sunday, March 05, 2006

7 Deadly Sins

Let's face it- we're not perfect. Not in the least bit. I'm sure that every one of us has in some way commited one of the 7 deadly sins. I'll be the first to admit that I can apply( almost) every one of them to some aspect of my life.

These are not in the correct order but here they are:
1) Sloth
I am lazy. I let my house go to crap and I do not work outside the home. Even though we could really use the extra money, I hold out for the "perfect" job.
2) Envy
This one is a killer for me. I envy everyone. I do not think there is one person I am close to that I do not envy in some way.
3) Greed
I buy things on impulse. Things that we do not need. I am constantly trying to find new things to buy. I want a BIGGER and BETTER home than we have. I want a nicer car. All of these things are fueled by greed not necsessity.
4) Pride
Here is one I am not sure applies to me. I don't really "pride" myself on anything. Seeing as I'm envious of everyone around me, I don't really take pride in things that I do/have.
5) Gluttony
No, this does not necessarily apply to people who over eat. This also applies to people who buy too much, talk too much ect. I do both and probably more that I can not think of right now.
6) Lust
I won't go into detail here. But, just know that ( according to the Sins) I am guilty of Lust.
7) Anger
I am probably one of the most angry people alive. I cuss at people in my car. I scream at my husband. My blood is constantly boiling.

So, here are the 7 Heavenly Virtues that are supposed to contradict the 7 Deadly sins
1) Dilligence against Sloth
2) Kindness against Envy
3) Liberality against Greed
4) Humility against Pride
5) Abstinence against Gluttony
6) Chastity against Lust
7) Patience against Anger

The reason I post this is because I met up with an old friend the other day. I went to her house and the minute I walked in I thought "God, I wish I had her house" To be honest, my house is bigger than hers. It's "newer" than hers. Why on earth am I envious I thought? Then she tells me that she is expecting #2. Her daughter is not even 18 months old yet. "Man, I wish I were pregnant" I thought. She began telling me stories about how wonderful her husband is and how much he helps her out. " Geesh, I totally wish John were like that" Don't get me wrong, she's great and she deserves to be happy but why am I always so miserable? How do I "fix" myself? How do I stop wishing I were someone else and be happy with who I am and what I have? I don't know the answer to that. The funny thing about it is that I have no real reason not to be happy. My husband loves me and he does what he can to contribute to the house. I have a roof over my head, food on my table and clothes to keep me warm. And, I'm not living in a junk shop. I have a nice home. Don't get me wrong it could use a little updating but nothing is broken and we're living like Kings compared to some people out there. I know that my time will come for #2 so why am I upset? Why can I not just enjoy the time that I have with Chey while she is an only child instead of obsessing over TTC #2???? I'm not expecting any real answers. I guess, I'm just letting it all out and being honest with myself for once. I think I'm lacking a bit in the maturity department and it's time for me to grow up.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Dana, proud mommy of 3 said…

    Kat I'm the same way. I can say that I have committed some of those sins. I'm always wanting what other people have and what not. You are blessed and it's great that you know that! Keep your chin up things will finally come your way soon! HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home