Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Saturday, September 16, 2006

What's going on!

Well,
It's been a while since I've updated so I thought I'd throw something together really quick.

Work is....well, it's going. I'm not too thrilled with it but it's good money and has good benefits so I'll stick it out for a while. I don't know that I'll continue to work there after we have our 2nd child, but we're playing that by ear.

I've enrolled in a couple college courses that will hopefully enable me to get a better paying job down the line. I'm not exactly up to par where software applications are concerned so my hope is to get a couple programs under my belt to see if that will increase my salary at all.

I have to have oral surgery on Tuesday. I'm scared beyond belief but I'm hoping that it will make me feel better in the long run. Apparently, my upper left wisdom tooth is impacted into the bone wich is causing the lymph nodes in my neck to swell up from time to time. Those of you who know me personally know that I had a scare last year around this time with my "nodes" and was baffled with the results of various tests coming back clear. The oral surgeon thinks that that darn wisdom tooth is the cause of not only the discomfort in my mouth, but also with the lymph nodes being inflamed and my sinus problems as well. The surgery is actually pretty invasive since he has to chip away jaw bone to get to the tooth but he says it'll be fine. I'm not being put out for it and that scares me just a bit.

I have a baby shower to go to for one of my good friends. She's having a baby girl and I'm thrilled for her and her boyfriend. It's about damn time that my friends are starting to "grow up" a bit. Last weekend my best friend from High School announced her engagement to her long time boyfriend. She and her fiance are having some issues about where and when to have the wedding so they are holding off on setting a date. She claims that it won't be for 2 years but her fiance is pushing for next September- we shall see. She said that she wanted to do it in Hawaii- I told her that if that were the case I would be unable to attend since I don't have a grand to spend on travel. Oh well........to each his own I suppose.

My 1 year wedding anniversary is in a couple weeks and due to the fact that I have to spend over $500 to have this tooth removed, John and I aren't going to be able to go away like we would have liked to. Instead, we'll keep it pretty low key. We'll probably wind up doing something simple, like dinner and a movie. Oh well....maybe a nice romantic road trip next year.

Well, that's all I have for now. Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Dana, proud mommy of 3 said…

    Good to hear from you!! How's the TTC going? Happy Anniversary!!!! How exciting! How's Chey doing?? Well hope all is well!!! Take care girlie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home