Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Opinions Please

Hey out there! I need your help. We have an issue that needs to be resolved and I'm looking for the opinions of my fellow bloggers to help make the desicion.

We are (obviously) trying for #2. BUT, if I were to get preggers this month the baby would be due on June 17th. I know some of you are thinking "what's so bad about June 17th?" The answer to that is: My birthday is June the 10th and Cheyenne's is the 5th and John's sister's is the 8th. June is pretty much filled up. I would feel sooooooo guilty if Cheyenne had to share her birthday with her brother/sister. I wouldn't care if the baby came on my birthday but the idea of having "combined" parties just doesn't seem fair to me.

On the other hand, I hate my job. By taking a month off it is prolonging the time I have to stay there (even if it is just by a month) and I am antsy to get pregnant again. Also, if for some reason I am having fertility issues they require you to have been TTC for a full year. I would hate to start from scratch where that is concerned. Also, I'm afraid that if I don't get preggo now, I will wind up quitting my job and have to quit TTC as well.

What do you all think? Should I just go for it and keep trying? Or should I just skip this month and start up again next cycle? Is it really *that* big of a deal having my kids have birthdays' in the same week/month?????

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Kat

2 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Personally, I'd go for it. The chances they'd come on the EXACT same day is probably pretty slim. And even if they did end up sharing a birthday, you can still do separate parties, because you likely wouldn't be having a party on their actual birthday anyway (except maybe when it falls on the weekend). And in the long run -- a combined party might work out great and cost a little less (not to mention possibly less stress since you don't have to worry about 2 parties). Regardless, I think it would all work out.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Dana, proud mommy of 3 said…

    I completely agree with Sarah. I think you should go for it! I mean why have to wait? I understand, however, how you feel. I hate hate HATE how my kids birthdays are...(Jordan 4-30-02 Tara 8-30-04) I just always feel like if I had another kid it would have to be on the 30th of a month of an even year other wise they might feel "left out"....so I can see your point. But I don't think you should make it stop you from TTC. I "let" it stop me mainly cause we can't afford the meds we need for me and I'm not quite sure I really do want another....anyways I say go for it and deal with it later. I've heard the 2nd is always harder....course I realize this really isn't your 2nd pregnancy...but I had a horid time with TTC Tara....I hope you don't have any problems!!! I've heard, if you do end up having problems, there's some natural meds that you can take that work as good if not better than clomid and they're cheaper!!! Anyways GL hun!! I hope it happens for you soon! *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home