Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

OH MY WORD

I am registering for classes on April 24th. I just checked out how much the books were for the nursing program and for ONE class the books that are REQUIRED come to a total of $1200. OMG.........how am I ever going to pay for class AND the books???? This is just making me sick thinking about it. It's insane. They charge out the butt for tuition and then add $1200 worth of books on top of it? That's just for one class. For another the books came to $800 and another set for another class came to $500. Geesh.....maybe I'd better rethink my game plan!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dana, proud mommy of 3 said…

    HOLY CRAP!!! That's insane!!! It's like you can go to school to make money but before you do they take any and all you have! That's so stupid!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    My only advice is to check the used book stores (on college campuses, and off-campus, usually close-by) or to even check ebay for textbooks. Otherwise, I have no clue .... did you look into seeing if you qualify for any grants?

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    Oh my gosh that is just crazy. Hopefully you can find some used ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home