Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Friday, March 31, 2006

Are you fo real?

You can see a lot of unusual things while shopping in a Wal-Mart. Yesterday afternoon I headed up there to waste some time. We had a playdate at Chuck E. Cheese at 4:30 and by 2:00 I was ready to get out of the house. What better a place to kill time than a Wal-Mart. We walked around for a bit and unfourtunately the time wasn't passing any faster than it was at home. I decided to take a break at the Subway they have there. I ordered a softdrink, sat down at a table and witnessed this:

A very tall, thin man wearing the biggest shorts I'd ever seen complimented by ankle socks and white, plastic gardening clogs. He was with his mother who was also wearing gigantic shorts, gardening clogs and a Coach bucket hat.

Tall guy: Ma whachyou want?
Mom: Oh, I dunno......how much is da BMT?
TG: Excuse me, Miss? How much is da BMT?
Subway gal: 6 inch or footlong?
TG: Ma, 6 inch or footlong?
Mom: I dunno, how big is da footlong?
TG: Ma'm how big da footlong?
Subway Gal: Ummm.....12 inches sir.
TG: Ma, it's 12 inches!

And, the conversation ended with the mom moaning about the price of the sandwiches. I had to try with all my might not to bust out laughing. Really. How big is a footlong? I wondered to myself how many Subway employees have heard this question. I worked my very first job at a Subway shop and can't really recall that question ever being asked. I do know that some people would ask to see the bread and looking back I'm guessing that was there way of asking without really asking. Ah, the things you can see at your local Wal-Mart.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ummm....all I can say is if Bill Engvall was there, he would have had to say "Heeeeeeere's your sign" LOL

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    LOL I'm sure they have heard that question more than once.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home