Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Monday, April 10, 2006

Tiny Unicorns

A few days ago I noticed that my car was grinding whenever I stepped on the brake. Today I decided to take it in to the mechanics to see what the deal was. To waste some time I took Chey to see the Easter Bunny. I got a phone call from the guys at the shop asking me to come in so they could explain the problem. This guy was spewing random mechanical facts at me and all I could think of was Dane Cook's "Tiny Unicorn" bit. It took every ounce of self-control I had to not bust out laughing in this guys face. After all was said and done he tells me that to fix everything it will cost just under $600. I almost threw up. I called my Dad ( since John left his phone at home today) and he said to get out of there; it should not cost that much. I took it to another place and again they start in with the automotive jargon and again I can hardly contain myself. All I could picture were "Tiny Unicorns taking a shit in my exhaust" ( or something to that effect) At least this place was honest and it only set me back about 1/2 of what they were trying to charge me at the other place. But, I can honestly say that I found humor in what should've been a bad day thanks to Mr. Cook!!!!! Gotta love that guy!

See you on Thursday Dane ( and Sarah)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home