Mom's spot......

This is the diary of a 20-something mommy from Chicago. Sometimes this will be funny, sometimes sad, but it will always be real........feel free to post comments. Katrina

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Feeling bad.....

Last night I was reading more about the little girl who is sick in Oregon. Her name is Rebekah. I was seriously addicted to reading her entire blog. Now, I am the mother of a 3 year old and I often find myself getting irritated at the "3 year old things" my daughter does. And, I think that's natural. I'm human. But, after reading Rebekah's page it made me think twice. I am so BLESSED to have a happy/healthy child and I should cherish every moment because life can throw you a curve when you least expect it. I remember when I had her and she was whisked away to ICU because of a lung issue; I was so scared. And, I really thought she would die. I was so afraid of that. When she finally got out of ICU I wanted to be with her every second ( even to the point that she slept in bed with me til' she was a year) because I was so afraid of loosing her. Well, time goes on and little by little I started to be more confident that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. I think it's fair to say that really: I don't know that for sure. I feel such a strong connection to both little Maggie May and Rebekah. Maybe because they are so close in age to my cheyenne or maybe because I'm human and feel compassion. Maybe it's a little of both. Last night after I read Rebekahs' page alittle more...I went in to peek on Cheyenne. I gave her a big smootch and just watched my angel sleep. I started to think about Maggie, Rebekah and their families and just started to cry. I am not exaggerating when I say that I didn't sleep at all. I kept waking and everytime I did it was either Rebekah Maggie, or Cheyenne on my mind. I ask everyone who might stumble on this site to keep those girls in your thoughts and in your prayers. I want to thank Rebekah's father and mother as well for creating a blog and letting us into their lives. And, in reading about all of the stuff they are dealing with it makes me think twice about complaining about the little things that go on in my life. I should feel blessed to just have to deal with the little things. Rebekah, Maggie and families get better soon. Stay strong and God bless you both. You are both on my mind constantly.
http://rebekahspage.blogspot.com

www.curemaggie.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home